I’ve been working hard on some new modules for the document management system DocuWare. Here’s an overview of what’s in the pipeline:
- Group documents that have been individually filed into “Folders“.
- Stamp multiple documents in the file cabinet with a single stamp instead of stamping each document individually.
- Upload documents to DocuWare using a Web page that has your branding and integrate the upload form into your intranet or Web site.
- Edit the index field data for each document
- Easy maintenance. Maintain the store dialog fields using the DocuWare admin tool – you don’t need to maintain two different dialogs.
- Display different default values for each user that stores a document. For example, the department field gets filed in automatically and optionally prevents the field from being edited.
- Multiple store dialogs – Display any number of different store dialogs for any number of file cabinets just be changing the URL.
- Use the select lists defined in your store dialog
- Send notifications by email of new documents or changes in field values – for example a change in document status
- Create unlimited custom rules for each workflow
- Use tokens to customise the the email text to include index field data so the user doesn’t even have to open the document.
- Link directly to the document from the email
- Create an internal intranet or public Web site using DocuWare as the content management system using your own design templates.
- Upload and Edit documents from within your intranet or Web site.
iPhone & iPad Apps
- Search, view and stamp documents on the go
The pricing and conditions are similar to standard DocuWare modules like Active Import, Auto Index etc.
If you’re interested in talking about how any of these modules can work with your DocuWare system, or if you have any special requests, please drop me a line.
Suresh Babu Gaddam
New DocuWare modules in development – Steven Henty